Use of and access to the Containerships website is subject to the terms and conditions below. Unless expressly agreed in writing, Containerships does not recognise any conflicting terms or conditions.
WEBSITE USE AND ACCESS
You are prohibited from using the Website for any purpose other than the purposes for which it was created (“Prohibited Uses”).
Prohibited Uses include, but are not limited to, the following: use of the Website in a way that violates applicable laws and/or the rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) of Containerships or others;
- uploading, transferring and/or disseminating files or information that are capable of damaging or compromising the computer software or hardware of Containerships or others;
- use of screen scraping and/or data scraping technologies – e.g. to create lists of voyage dates, fare information, Internet keywords, URLs and other information – in a way that circumvents technical safeguards (IP blocks and/or CAPTCHA);
- deployment or attempted deployment of software or other processes that disrupt the proper functioning of the Website or disrupt other activities undertaken in connection with the Website;
- executing a function on the Website in a way that results in disproportionately or uneconomically high loads being placed on the infrastructure of the Website;
- disrupting the Website’s connection to the server and/or to network, or disregarding the requirements, processes, recognized principles and protocols of networks to which the Website is connected;
- disclosing passwords to non-public areas of the Website to unauthorized third parties or using such passwords in an unauthorized manner;
- use of search engines, software, tools, agents or other automated processes, including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, crawlers, search bots, avatars and intelligent agents, in a way that circumvents technical safeguards (IP blocks and/or CAPTCHA) so as to search and use the website (a) in a manner other than that prescribed by Containerships or (b) by means other than commonly available browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome);
- attempting to decrypt, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer software that constitutes the Website or parts of the Website;
- displaying content from the Website in the form of frames on other websites;
- collecting or storing personal data pertaining to other users of this Website and/or to employees of Containerships;
- reproducing, copying, on-selling or otherwise commercially exploiting legally protected content from the Website or parts of it without first obtaining Containerships’ express permission, especially by trying to circumvent technical safeguards;
- gaining access to data that are not intended for you personally, scanning or testing the vulnerability of the system or network without express permission, or bypassing authentication levels or breaking security protocols without express permission; and
- disrupting or in any way impairing the Website’s connection to the client, host or network using means such as, but not limited to, viruses, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail bombing or crashing
In addition to any other rights it may have under applicable laws, Containerships reserves the right in its sole discretion to block your access to this Website permanently or temporarily if you engage in any Prohibited Uses.
In addition, Containerships, at its sole discretion,
- remove from the Website any material relating to Prohibited Uses,
- take legal action against you in order to recover any and all damages (including reputational damages and legal and administrative costs) incurred as a result of Prohibited Uses engaged in by you,
- require you, where applicable, to sign a legal undertaking to cease and desist from Prohibited Uses,
- forward to criminal prosecution and other public authorities any information it deems relevant for the due enforcement of applicable laws, and/or
- take any other action it deems appropriate to mitigate its losses and to safeguard the Website against Prohibited Uses both now and in the future.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this Website are and will remain the property of Containerships. You are permitted to download the website or parts of it only for personal use. Excepted from this are specific instances in which we expressly direct or enable you to make commercial use of the Website (e.g. if we direct you to download specific forms or information). All other commercial uses, including duplication, modification and, in particular, dissemination in return for payment (on-selling), are prohibited.
Where we refer via links or hyperlinks to other websites or web pages, we assume no liability or responsibility for the privacy policies or the content of those pages. The links are provided solely for information or advertising purposes and in no way give rise to any legally binding obligations on the part of Containerships.
FORMATION OF CONTRACTS
In so far as Containerships enables you to conclude contracts with Containerships via the Website, any such contracts concluded are governed exclusively by the relevant terms and conditions of business of Containerships. You can access these terms and conditions of business by clicking on a dedicated web link or by requesting them from Containerships – CMA CGM GmbH, Chilehaus A Fischertwiete 2, 20095 Hamburg, Germany. If Containerships transfers data electronically to you, you must immediately check the data for correctness. In the event of transmission errors, Containerships has the right to contest the validity of any incorrectly transmitted declarations of legal intent received by you from Containerships. Containerships constantly scans its data transfers for computer viruses. However, it is not possible to eliminate the risk that software owned or used by you may become infected by these data transfers if you fail to take appropriate countermeasures to protect your systems. Therefore, if you receive and store data which you have requested from Containerships, you do so entirely at your own risk. In particular, Containerships accepts no liability whatsoever for data in respect of which you have omitted to make back-up copies at regular intervals (at least once daily).
NO LIABILITY FOR ERRONEOUS INFORMATION
While the information provided via the Website is accurate and correct to the best of Containerships’ knowledge, it may nevertheless contain errors and inaccuracies. The information is provided “AS IS,” and Containerships makes no representations and gives no warranties, express or implied, as to its correctness or completeness. Containerships therefore accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the information provided via the Website or for any consequences arising from the use of the information provided via the Website. Arrangements contrary to or inconsistent with this exclusion of liability are valid only if they are expressly agreed in writing between Containerships and yourself or if Containerships demonstrates a manifest intention to vouch for the correctness of the information.
ACCESS TO PASSWORD-PROTECTED PAGES
Access to and use of password-protected areas of this Website is restricted to authorized persons. You are responsible for maintaining password secrecy. Do not share your password with any other person. Change your password regularly to minimize the possibility of unauthorized access to your account.
APPLICABLE LAW / PLACE OF JURISDICTION