Containerships rail services connect inland destinations in the most efficient and direct way.
Moving cargo by rail is a fast, direct, and efficient way of connecting the road and sea legs of a journey. Large amounts can be moved over long distances without the usual congestion associated with roads, making rail a significantly better choice for the environment. At Containerships, we make positive use of rail networks across Europe, enabling us to move cargo quickly between inland rail hubs and coastal ports as part of a truly multimodal service.
When moving your cargo by container, you open up the possibility to make use of rail services for parts of the journey. Rail services offer a number of key benefits compared to shipping by truck alone, including:
Direct and Reliable
Train services operate primarily between core distribution and transport hubs and offer a reliable service
When not powered by electricity, trains are still better for the environment due to moving more cargo with less resources
Reduce Road Congestion
Block trains can remove as many as 100 trucks from the road at a time, making roads safer and less congested for other road users
Rail Services Across Europe
Containerships operates various dedicated and non-dedicated rail services which provide us capacity, reliability, and a greener transport solution throughout our group. Corridors are constantly analyzed for potential improvements and new routes. These are the dedicated services we currently have in place:
- Spain: 50-60 weekly dedicated block trains through the main Spanish corridors. These services provide multimodal solutions to the main distribution centers of the Peninsula, via the ports of Bilbao, Seville and Pasajes.
- UK: up to 3 weekly dedicated triangle trips from Teesport to Doncaster, from Doncaster to Elderslie (Scotland) and from Elderslie to Teesport
- Scandinavian rail network: Weekly departures from Helsingborg Port connecting Gothenburg, Stockholm, Oslo, Gävle, Norrköping, Uddevalla, Västerås and Hallsberg
- French rail network: CMA CGM France Inland Network offers its customers inland solutions
- Poland rail service: Up to six weekly connections between Gdynia and inland rail terminals via dedicated Containerships trains, as well as utilisation of various commercially available rail connections in Poland, ensuring broad and frequent connections
Additional rail services:
- Italy to Rotterdam and Lübeck
- Teesport to Doncaster and to Scotland
- St. Petersburg to Moscow